How it works
Common side effects
Cough, Sore throat, Menstrual cramps, Blood and bone marrow problems, Stevens-johnson syndrome, Flu or flu-like symptoms, Muscle pain.allergic reactions, Sinusitis, Anaphylactic reactions, Colds, Pain, Swelling of eyes and lips, Red and itchy skin, Bronchitis, Toothache or abscesses in the area around the teeth, Back pain, Gastrointestinal problems., Gum pain.
- Take doxycycline with food or milk to prevent a stomach upset.
- If you are taking birth control pills, take additional contraceptive measure while taking doxycycline and till 7 days after stopping doxycycline.
- Wear sunblock if you have to go out into the sun, since your skin can become more sensitive to sunburn.
- Do not start or continue the doxycycline tablets/capsule and consult your doctor if you ever have had allergic reaction after taking doxycycline.
- Do not take any vitamin supplements two hours before or after taking this drug.
- Do not take any medications with bismuth (Pepto-Bismol, Kaopectate) while taking this medication.
- Do not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking this medication.
- Do not take doxycycline, if you are pregnant, breast-feeding or planning to become pregnant.